Art Journal Pages: Some Favorite Techniques
I share lots of handmade books on my blog and in my social media feeds, but I don’t often share what’s inside those books. So I’ve written several blog posts showing my journal pages and some of the mixed media techniques to use.
Some favorite techniques I used on these firsts two pages are:
- A background of 1″ squares of vintage and found papers plus my own photographs.
- A heart stenciled with water soluble crayons.
- Machine stitching and loose threads.
- Found poetry.
- Encaustic paint and encaustic medium over the entire surface.
On these next two pages, I included more of the 1″ squares, stitching and encaustic paint, plus:
- Images and words rubber stamped onto white tissue paper.
- Sewn strips of fabric.
- Small tabs of paper and fabric that hang off the edge of the page.
And this final page incorporates many of the above layers – found papers, encaustic paint, stitching and rubber stamps.
What are your favorite techniques to use on journal pages? Leave me a comment, I’d love to know!
September 12, 2018 @ 1:26 pm
Love the one inch squares and will try this technique. Thanks for sharing.