When creating a handmade book with hard covers, book cloth is a durable option. While there are many great pre-made book cloths on the market, they are only available in plain colors. Why not pick a favorite fabric from your stash and create one-of-a-kind covers with your own book cloth?
** This tutorial is an example of the bonus content you’ll find in the Handmade Book Club **
- Tightly woven cotton fabric, ironed
- Sumi sketch paper or other lightweight paper, such as mulberry or copier paper
- Non-stick surface, such as plexiglass, teflon/silicone mat or freezer paper
- Large piece of cardboard
- 2 Glue brushes (I use inexpensive 2” bristle brushes)
- Batch of wheat paste (see separate YouTube video)
- Craft knife
Free Downloadable Instructions
Click on the link below to download and print the instructions for this project.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.