Picking your favorite tools is like picking your favorite children. But Mikki asked me this question recently when we were creating my new studio space so that I could put them closest to me on the work bench.
It feels like my essential tool list is ever changing, so for today these are the ones that I use the most and would take with to a dessert island. A printable version is at the end of the post. Please not that I’m not affiliated with any of these suppliers.
- Olfa 9mm knife + remember refills
- Teflon or Plastic bone folder
- Thin awl
- Heavy duty awl (short stabbing awl)
- Punching cradle available again soon at Vintage Page Designs or make your own
- Corner mitering tool from Colorway Arts
- 24” long quilting ruler
- Needles #18 blunt from Colophon or #1 & #18 Bookbinder needles from Talas
- 10” 30/60/90 aluminum triangle
- 1” synthetic flat wash brushes – I like Dynasty brand
- Paper knife (sometimes called a shoe knife)
- 2” Strips of scrap paper
- Heavy duty mason jar