Project Life Mini Summer Journal
Time for a confession: I haven’t kept up with the weekly Project Life layouts! And I’m okay with that – I’ve been too busy living life to document it. But I LOVE my subscription to Studio Calico’s monthly Project life kit and am using it on other projects.
I made this accordion journal for my 12-year old daughter to start documenting her summer. I used items from the following Studio Calico kits: Front Row Scrapbooking Kit, and Spencer’s Project Life Kit,
The dimensions and instructions are at the end of the post.
To create the journal:
- Cut a strip of watercolor paper measuring 30″ x 7″ (I bought a large sheet from an art supply store).
- Score every 5″ and round each corner with a punch.
- Cut several 10″ x 0.5″ strips of patterned paper and glue to bottom of book.
- Cut several 6″ x 4″ pieces of patterned paper and attach to some pages.
- Attach envelopes, Project Life cards and other embellishments to pages.
- Create the belly band: cut a strip of patterned paper 12″ x 1.25″ and create a decorative edge with a punch.
- Wrap around folded journal and secure in the back with adhesive.
- Attach the final Project Life journal card to the belly band.
Linking to the following: House of Hepworths,
July 5, 2013 @ 10:01 am
Very cute idea for a journal, I like the accordion style! Thanks so much for linking up on Made in a Day